Walking Group – Firhouse Weir – 5th December 2016

Eighteen walkers turned out for the walk to Firhouse Weir on 5th December.  This was a relatively easy walk on the flat, partly along the Dodder.  We saw the weir which was originally built in 1244 by the monks of St Thomas (based  in Thomas Street in Dublin) to boost the water supply of the city.  Most of us enjoyed lunch afterwards in the Old Mill.

facebook pageFind us on Facebook

Trinity Retirement Association is a voluntary association of retired staff members from Trinity College Dublin and permission to use the Trinity logotype has been given by the Secretary to the College