The Provost’s house, a Palladian mansion, was built in 1759 for the purpose of providing a residence for the Provost of Trinity College Dublin and has continued to provide this function for over 260 years. The current Provost, Dr Linda Doyle is the 25th Provost to reside in the house for her term of office. Externally the house is similar to that built by Lord Burlington in London in the 1830s. It is a solid Palladian design with a central Venetian window and Doric pilasters. The house possesses one of the most elaborately-decorated interiors of its period.
Dr Edward McParlandis an Irish architectural historian and author. McParland’s first post at Trinity College Dublin was as lecturer in the History of Art Department in 1973. He was elected Fellow in 1984, and appointed Pro-Chancellor in 2013. He is the co-founder of theIrish Architectural Archivewhich was established in 1976, and he has contributed extensively to architectural conservation in Ireland.
This event is for members only. Booking opens on the January 25th at 9.00am and closes on the 6th February at 11.00pm.
Trinity Retirement Association